Why We Started?
The Gift Of A Helping Hand Charitable Trust was founded on . The purpose of the organization is to serve the needy, underprivileged, domestic violence victims, veterans, underserved, victims of child abuse, economically disadvantaged, discriminated, and poverty-stricken families and individuals residing in distressed communities in Southeastern Michigan.
Our programs, services, and activities offers on a day-to-day basis provides support and assistance to appropriate individuals and families in metropolitan Detroit, Michigan, and other cities in Wayne County.
- To help eliminate hunger, poverty, and homelessness in Michigan.
- To make additional Human Services Programs available to meet the needs of individuals suffering from hunger, poverty, and homelessness in Michigan.
- To collaborate with other Human Service Agencies addressing the same needs and providing the same services.
- To provide emergency shelter for domestic violence survivor and their children throughout Michigan during these tough economic times.
- To continue to provide affordable housing to low-income families and individuals.
- The Gift Of A Helping Hand Technology and Financial Educational Training Program will make available support groups, financial training classes, job training, and educational training programs to help individuals become self-sufficiency through technology training, asset building and accumulating assets.
- We provide safe housing for veterans and domestic violence survivors and their children.
- We provide technology and financial education trainings for economically disadvantaged individuals in helping them to become self-sufficiency and learning the skills for career advancement.
- We provide basic needs to thousands of families and individuals requesting our assistance during these challenging times.